So come the claims of the “wifi” sensitive folk, like Kate Figes:
Ms Figes said: “The day we installed wi–fi two years ago was the day I started to feel ill. At first I could not work out what the problem was. I had no idea why I felt so sick and run-down. But I knew that when I walked through the front door it felt like walking into a cloud of poison.
“Imagine being prodded all over your body by 1,000 fingers. That is what I felt when I walked into the house… Then I started to think it might be the wi–fi, so we scrapped it – and I felt better.”
How much do you want to bet Ms. Figes uses a cell phone? And for those who are not technically savvy, both cell phones and wireless networks operate using microwaves, a band of the electromagnetic spectrum which is lower in energy than infrared and just a little more energetic than radio waves.
What’s also interesting is that wireless produces packet energy burst at shorter intervals than cellular, so it’s about 1/10th the power of a cell phone. So if Ms. Figes is claiming that the energy emitted by her wireless network is causing her “illness”, she’s more sensitive to microwaves from wireless than cellular, which is amazing. If she was truly sensitive, she’d be far sicker when in an area saturated with microwave transmissions. But she was only sick at home. Also, when she goes to the local coffee shop, does she suddenly feel ill? How about an office that is wireless capable?
She does say she got better when the WiFi was removed, but that doesn’t mean it was the microwaves that were making her sick. I would bet that she was allergic to something in the network wiring. But sensitive to wireless transmissions? No.