Well, he makes Hillary’s case, anyway. Nice to have him on the stump, eh, Hill?
BILL CLINTON: Some of you may have seen it. She took a terrible beating in the press for a few days, cause she was exhausted at 11 o’clock at night and she started talking about Bosnia, and she misstated the circumstances under which she landed in Bosnia. Did y’all see all that? And, oh, they acted like she, you know, she was practically Mata Hari, you know, just making up all this stuff . . . Hillary one time, late at night, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y’all see all that? Oh, they blew it up, and you would have thought, you know, that she robbed a bank, the way they all carried on about this. And some of them when they’re 60, they’ll forget something when they’re tired at 11 o’clock at night, too.
And the compound lie told by the Clintoon:
- It wasn’t “11 o’clock at night,” it was mid-morning on at least one occasion.
- It wasn’t “one time.” She made the statement several times, including at least once as part of prepared remarks.
- She didn’t “immediately apologize.” To the contrary, her campaign stonewalled for 11 days until CBS rolled tape of the event in question,
- showing Hillary not running with her head down as she claimed, but relaxedly participating in a welcoming ceremony on the tarmac.
- It was 1996, not 1995.
- Most egregiously, in my opinion, Hillary has been compared to a lot of things, but never, never!, to Mata Hari.
The couple that lies together, stays together!
Thanks to Hot Air for the tip.